Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review: E.L.F Cosmetics



Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F) is an incredibly affordable cosmetic brand. In Australia even 'drug store' makeup is pricey. I don't know why but the same mascara will cost three times more in Australia than in the US. ELF however, is super cheap and has some decent stuff. Here we review what we have tried so far.


E.L.F Essential Cover Everything Concealer (in corrective yellow): This is very creamy and easy to blend. The yellow tone gets rid of redness of the face and one of my biggest issues, dark circles. And its only $3.50 -Claudia 

E.L.F Studio Angled Contour Brush: This is one of the softest brushes I own. I use it for applying and blending eyeshadow. It makes me want to buy more brushes from the Studio range, which are also highly affordable. This brush costs $5.99 -Claudia


E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush: This was the first brush I've ever purchased and for someone who is a beginner it is a great starting tool. Even though it takes a couple of sweeps to get enough product it still does the job! Very soft and little shedding, I recommend this to any beginner. This brush costs $5.99 - Elsie


E.L.F. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick: This style of lipstick/gloss is popular at the moment so I thought I'd give it a go. It comes on smooth and is pigmented. It is not a matte product but isn't overly glossy like a lip gloss. Nice casing and decent size, I'd recommend this product as a casual colour me up during the day. This product is $3.50. - Elsie

E.L.F Essential Lip Stain: This product was terrible; they might as well have given me an empty product. It was very difficult to get a decent pigment. It took at least 5 minutes to cover the lips and even then it looked uneven and cheap. I would not recommend this product.
This stain costs $3.50 - Elsie

E.L.F Essential Flawless Eyeshadow (in party purple): My least favorite product I have bought so far. It is not very pigmented and barely shows up on my eyelids. I am also disappointed with the color, thinking it was going to be richer looking. I don't recommend it. Next time I am looking for an E.L.F eyeshadow I will look at the individual pots in the Studio range. - Claudia

E.L.F Essential All Over Cover Stick (in apricot beige): What I use mainly for hiding pimples, it's consistency is thick and the product is small and handy to carry around in your handbag or clutch - Claudia 

E.L.F Essential Concealer brush: it's nice and small and a bargain at only $2! - Claudia

E.L.F Studio Cool Bronzer: A matte bronzer with four shades that I blend all together and use for contouring my face. Very easy to blend. - Claudia



What do you think of E.L.F Cosmetics? 


Love, 
Elsie&Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment